Apple Butter Sunrise Muffins
1 1 /2 cups Unbleached Flour
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 tbs Cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup raisins
1 large egg
2 egg whites
1/2 cup + MooseHill Provisions Apple Butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Lightly oil 18 muffin cups, or coat with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, apple butter, oil and vanilla
3. In another bowl, stir together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in carrots, apples and raisins. Very lightly stir in apple butter mixture. (A little less mixing produces a better muffin.) Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 of the way.
4. Combine walnuts and wheat germ. Sprinkle mixture over muffin tops.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15-20 minutes, or when the tops spring back when lightly pressed. Be careful not to overcook.